Tuesday, January 13, 2009

stranger poems

recently, i posted a profile on the stranger's lovelab site. don't judge. there is something fascinating about people's descriptions of self and i created a poem from an array of personal ad headlines. my rules were 2: never put lines from the same person back to back and no filler words to help transitions.  

let me begin.

This part makes me laugh and feel icky at the same time. I just transformed 4 lbs of meat into balls. To make it simple, lets just think about it in terms of work and play. I enjoy the night life, having finally overcome a lifelong bout with a near-debilitating stuttering problem. I enjoy my little world of improv theater, filmmaking, friends, karaoke, writing funny songs for people, sleeping in on Saturdays, creating things, eating food, hanging with babies, surprises, live music in small venues, pubs, beer, martinis, movies and odd bits of pop culture trivia. All in all, it will be a delish addition to the Swedish christmas feast we're having. And I scrub up well.

I’m a well-hung sexually talented stud looking for a married woman who wants to make her husband jealous in order to procure expensive gifts from him. Tricky little mousey....you stole my cheese. I am what i am, a tragically disfigured man from a paper-mill explosion, i'm just now getting back into the swing. The meat is now known as Swedish meatballs. I believe in a world where everyone is treated with respect, and it is far better to help others than to be greedy. ( i.e. john lennon's 'imagine') and I have a terrible problem with staring at people - I wish I could draw everyone I come in to contact with.

Kinky Little Kitten. Here's what I do and what I like:
I'm pretty adaptable, and enjoy a wide range of things. A person's life can be divided into a number of different categories. Love, Meditation, Yoga, Cuddling, Nature, Camping, Hiking, Reading, Movies, Visionary Art, Learning, Audio lectures, Speeches, Plants, Mushrooms, Fulfilling my required duties in our democracy, World Peace, Communication, Vegetarianism, Environmentalism, Buddhism. I'm a male art model with a grant from the Endowment For the Arts, and a member of the community in good standing, seeks skinny love magician, muse, and life-force generator for the purposes of dreaming together.

While I tend towards jeans and boots, I'm not afraid to put on a suit.
I had a tarot reading some years ago that the girl of my dreams would be introduced to me through a stranger...and that my parents wouldn't like her. Now I'm looking for nothing and no one that cares about nothing and no one but doesn't want to be alone.

merry christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the most amazing idea ever! im envious. it has so many levels. i applaud no transitions. most would have cheated.

here is why this is great. Beyond the picture of the person, that headline is the main selling point for each of these people. They sat for 10 minutes? an hour? figuring out something that caught the eye. not only that but something personal. describe self in one sentence.

to see it in a new context surrounded by others shows the range of peoples identity. perhaps its just the stranger, and there is a stereotype of who would read it, but theres an abundance of artistic based descriptions. and then there is the vain and vulgar. anywhos this tickled my fancy.

oh and i dont judge you for creating a stranger ad. you might not know this, but i have one too!