Sunday, August 23, 2009

what i think

wearing a weeks worry 
cuffed in my blue jeans
i found refuge in the resurrection of yesterday's lover.
 
and who said lovers can't be friends?
i did.  but then time passed, and MISS matured into
WOMAN who saw beyond her wine soaked lips.

lust, if you're scribbling short stories, but introduce
soulfire named BELLE and my game withers, my dignity rises,
and i think i can, i think i can, 

until YOU and I are,
swinging in each others arms
shouting gospels until we cry wolf.

i love you.  i love the way your head sits on my shoulder
little girl, and ex-lover too.  the stress is gone,
buried beneath my winter sweaters.  still sweating from this purge.

1 comment:

momof3 said...

Oh Julia,
You take my breath away. You are such an amazing poet. My heart aches.
Cori